Friday, April 04, 2008

It's fine that I got fined


Appeal Rejected

Legend

Glorious Citizen - GC
Robert Tao - RT

RT: Wah ho say lah! My IT department appeal ganna rejected by our CTO!

GC:
Oh? What happen? What appeal?


RT:
You don't know? Cuz they were suppose to support network connection throughout the company even during peak hour mah... then they screwed up...


GC:
I reckon that... Since communicating during peak hour is so important... People need to work you know? So what happen?


RT: So the freaking network was down for like...7 hours... and that day... because we need to communicate with the outside world also... then in the end, I have to use my own 3G and GPRS connection to work loh... Some bopian was late to send report to their customer and ended up taking taxi to send the hard copy to them...

GC: WHAT!?!?!? So you're paying for their mistake? I mean can claim right?

RT:
Wait wait wait... Let me finish my story first...
our CTO was very pissed... so he fined the department for the disruption it had caused to the network service...

GC: Fined? But how much was the fine?

RT: Not too sure leh... Close to 400k plus ah...

GC: Wow! Then can you guys claim for the taxi fare and the bills that you have chalked up from your own internet connection... since it's their mistake...

RT: Eh... I'm not too sure wo... Think can lah... But you need to go to the IT service centres to do the claim I think...

GC:
Hmmm. But very strange leh... So where did the money go to? I mean the fine which your CTO had summoned.


RT: Eh... I don't know

GC:
WHAT? Shouldn't the money go to your guys? Who are the actual ones that got affected because of the messed up service they're providing?


RT: Yah hor... I don't know leh...

GC: But where the hell your IT department is going to get those money? Since they also need to be accountable to the profit for the company... Does that mean they will increase the prices to the general public like me? Who subscribe to their IT services?!

RT: Maybe leh...

GC: What is this? We're just paying for their mistake...



0 comments: