Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dasmond Koh in Bangkok?

Haha! I thought I saw Dasmond Koh in Bangkok! As a samurai! See what I mean from the picture below...


Anyway, because of this poster and for the fact that we were craving for Japanese food, we decided to give it a shot. The experience? Not bad at all! You guys should try too! We ordered several dishes... Sashimi, Tempura, Unagi Rice and of course, beer. I've forgotten what is the dish below though. Anybody any idea?


The soup is really really nice, and I like the way they kept it warm. I mean soup... One of the most important factor is if it's warm enough right? The soup base... You can drink it without the meat at all... The ingredients is sufficient and it is not too sweet or salty... I'm sure you have experienced where the soup base is really solid but after finishing the soup, you feel thirsty and all right? Not for this... To me, this had been the highlight for the restaurant... I suppose that's the reason why they named it as their signature dish..

As for the Sashimi and Tempura... Hmmm...I feel it's generally better than the ones you will get from Sake Sushi or Genki Sushi... But still not perfect... If you have the chance to go to Fuji Restaurant in Siam Center, you'll know what I mean...






The Unagi Rice... Not bad... But I don't know why they chopped up the Unagi though. I though you will enjoy the full Unagi taste if the fish is in one single piece. On the whole, not bad considering the price and the amount of food we ordered... I think for all these plus some beer, the bill came out to less than 50 bucks; which is what you won't find in Singapore...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nabei!!! dun get me wrong..i wasnt cursing at u..heehee...their bowling hotpot soups are called nabei..

yesss.. drooling liao~~ its the best nabei i have ever had to date. ^_^

Miss E said...

Beng,
you are always travelling hor!!!

envy!

haha... today then I know you have a blog!
DUH me!!!

take care!

Glorious Citizen said...

Haha! Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments! DO pop by more often yeah? Cheeers! Beng

Anonymous said...

Well written article.